March 13, 2020
As COVID-19 continues to spread across the country, it’s likely your employees have questions about the virus. Fortunately, Jorge Delgado Alltech’s dairy employee training expert, put together a fact sheet that can help all employees understand the virus and what they can do to help prevent it on the farm.
Delgado offers employees the following tips for staying healthy:
• Avoid close contact with sick people, both on and outside of your dairy.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth if your hands have not been washed.
• Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Wash your hands before you eat after working in the milking parlor or other areas of the dairy.
• Ask the dairy manager or owner to keep the restrooms stocked with disinfectants and soap.
• Always wear milking gloves.
• Constantly change milking gloves.
• When you get home after working in the dairy, always take a shower and wash your work clothes.
• Keep the bathrooms and kitchen area in your workplace clean and disinfected.
Consider printing these out to give to employees in person, or including with paychecks this weekend.